All Apple devices that can be connected to a PC using the USB port will use the Apple mobile device driver for Windows. To check which version of this driver is installed, use the following steps:
- Make sure the iPad, iPhone or iPod is connected to the PC using a USB cable.
- Open the Windows Device Manager from the Control Panel, or type “devmgmt.msc” at the Start menu.
- In the Device Manager, expand or open the Universal Serial Bus Controllers group.
- Locate the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver, and right-click this device.
- In the popup menu, select Properties.
- Next select the Driver tab.
- Check the Driver Date and Driver Version of the Apple USB driver to see if you have the latest version of the driver.
To update an Apple USB driver, you normally need to install the updated iTunes application. If you download the stand alone Apple USB driver update using DriverFinder, you can simply update the driver without the need to download and install the complete iTunes software.
Once downloaded, simply run the AppleMobileDeviceSupport.msi (or AppleMobileDeviceSupport64.msi for 64-bit Windows versions) to install the new driver.
When you plug your iPod, iPhone or iPad, the new driver will automatically be used!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?