Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 all create a driver backup whenever a new driver is installed, so it is possible to restore that driver from the backup. This is called a Roll Back in Windows.
To do a driver roll back, open up the Windows Device Manager.
- From the Windows Start menu, click Control Panel.
- Click System, select the Hardware tab and then click Device Manager.
- In the device manager, you need to right-click the device for which you want to restore the previous driver version. In the pop-up menu, select Properties.
- In the device Properties window, select the Driver tab.
- Click Roll Back Driver.
- You will see a confirmation message, where you need to click the Yes button.
Some notes on this procedure…
• Make sure you are logged in as a user with Administrator privileges.
• You can only roll back to one previous version of a driver.
• The driver roll back feature is not available for printer drivers. In that case you will need to download the older version of the printer driver and install that driver.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?