Install the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 drivers in Windows to enable your audio interface to connect with your PC through a USB port. This makes recording from an instrument or from a microphone to your Windows computer possible.
The Focusrite scarlett 2i2 is a popular and long term favorite with musicians. Now in its 3rd generation, the audio interface features high quality microphone and instrument inputs and a USB 2.0 port for PC connections.
The Focusrite Control software allows you to record and play back your music on a computer.
Install the Focusrite Control Software
Installing the control software will install all the necessary requirements in your Windows computer. This includes the Focusrite USB drivers (PCIe drivers for other Focusrite controllers are also included).
Here are the steps to install the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 drivers by installing the control software.
- Open the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 webpage in a browser.
- On the website, click SUPPORT in the top menu, and then select DOWNLOADS.
- In the DOWNLOADS page, click the Pick your product by rage drop-down list, and then select the Scarlett 2i2 edition you have.
- Under the SOFTWARE section, click the DOWNLOAD button (for the Windows option) to get the Focusrite Control software installer.
- After downloading and saving the file on your computer, execute the installer and follow the on-screen instructions.
Automatically Find and Install Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Drivers using DriverFinder
When you only need the USB drivers to be installed, either because they are missing, or you want the latest version of the USB drivers, you can use DriverFinder.
- Download and install the DriverFinder software.
- Acquire a license for the application and activate the software.
- Run a Scan to check for updated drivers.
- Download and install the recommended Foscusrite Scarlett 212 driver updates.
The benefit of this approach is that ALL your device drivers can get updated! The USB controller drivers and other audio drivers are also checked and updated when required.
Error Message: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 No Hardware Connected
When you start the Focusrite Control software, you might see a black screen with the message “No Hardware Connected”.
Firstly, ensure the Focusrite drivers are correctly installed. If necessary, open the Device Manager, uninstall the device and then reinstall the drivers. You can find the Focusrite USB Audio device under Sound, video and game controllers.
Secondly, check all connections. All physical connections need to be properly attached. Try a different USB port if you can.
For the USB audio interface, it is important to connect the USB cable from the Scarlett 2i2 directly to the computer. The USB port needs to be USB 2.0 or higher. It is also important to be aware that the device is powered through the USB port. So connect the USB cable to a USB port directly on the PC motherboard (back of the computer for most desktops). For laptops, it is recommended to plug the laptop to its power cord.
Do not use a USB hub unless it is really required. And if you do, make sure it has a separate power supply, to ensure it can feed the Scarlett 2i2 USB interface sufficient power.
Lastly, make sure you selected the right version of the Focusrite software. The latest Control software will not detect older versions of the Scarlett audio interface.